ImportantScore.com takes privacy very seriously and we will never compromise the privacy of our customers. In order to be an effective intermediary we do need to collect certain contact and financial information to effectively sign customers up for our partner's products. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We are committed to using state of-the-art technology in order to protect personal and financial information entered on this website.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We will collect and use personal information about you to respond to your request for products and services offered through this website. We will also collect information in order to notify you about products, services, and other opportunities we think will be of interest to you.
How We Collect Information:
Information provided by you: We collect information provided by you in connection with obtaining financial products or services such as credit monitoring (full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, social security number, credit card information). You may also provide us with your information when you register to receive communications from us (such as your email address). We collect information you provide us through surveys, feedback, or other forms hosted on our website or the pages of a ImportantScore.com partner.
Information from service providers: Information is collected from third party service providers about geographical demographics, such as median household income or age. This is not connected to individuals. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is non-personally identifiable.
How We Categorize Information:
The types of information we collect fits into two categories in our data policy:
- Non-Identifiable: This is information about you or your household that doesn't identify you personally such as cookie data, state of residence, etc.
- Personally Identifiable: This is information that identifies you directly and is split into two sub groups:
- Confidential Data is basic information that identifies you personally, such as your full name, street address, email address or phone number
- Restricted Confidential Data such as Social Security Number or Credit Card information is held at the highest level of scrutiny. Restricted Confidential data is only used in the sign up process for the specific offer you have chosen and is never stored in our systems or logs. This data is only requested when required by the partner offer that you are signing up for, and that partner offer's Privacy Policies are present for review during the sign up process.
How We Use Information:
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Products, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Products and customer experience. These are a few examples:
- To create your account with our partners whose services you have requested. We require you to enter data which is used to verify your identity, avoid fraud and ultimately sign you up for the partner offer you are requesting. In order to sign up for a partner's offer (such as a credit score with credit monitoring), you will need to complete the partner's sign up form and authentication questions. As noted above Restricted Confidential information is only collected when required by the partner offer and is never stored by ImportantScore.com.
- To improve our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to recommended offers or insights. We're constantly working on ways to better identify and present the information that's most relevant to you.
- To communicate with you. We use information we collect to provide you with member support or to send you personalized offer recommendations. You have the option to decline such offers and be removed from e-mail promotion lists at any time. To make this request, please email email@example.com or unsubscribe at https://www.importantscore.com/unsubscribe
- To conduct research and to improve and promote our services. We use the information we collect to conduct research and to improve or enhance and promote our Services.
Who Has Access to Information:
ImportantScore.com does not sell your personally identifiable information. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business
- Advertisers. ImportantScore.com may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, ImportantScore.com may aggregate location information and disclose it to advertisers to inform them of where their ads are performing.
- Network Advertising. ImportantScore.com may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to www.importantscore.com and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a website you visit, as well as information related to websites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of www.importantscore.com or other websites;
- the location of your Internet service provider's point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a website;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a website.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not fill out the forms: Filling out all forms is entirely optional and only required in order to verify your identity to sign you up for the offer you are interested in.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe at https://www.importantscore.com/unsubscribe
- Turn off cookies. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
Upon request ImportantScore.com will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. We will respond to your request promptly within a reasonable timeframe.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. For example, we may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest as well as to partner portals to log in or complete signups. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Consumers should read those policies to understand how those firms handle your information.
CONTENT LINKED TO THIS SITE
You should be aware that when you are on this site, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from ImportantScore.com site pages that take you outside of our service. For example, if you click on a banner advertisement or a search result, the click may take you off the ImportantScore.com site. This includes links from lenders, brokers, advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We reserve the right to disable links from third-party sites to the ImportantScore.com site but we make no representations concerning the content of sites linked to our site and, consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or nature of material contained linked to our site.
IMPORTANTSCORE.COM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INFORMATION ON SITE; WAIVER OF LIABILITY.
By use of the ImportantScore.com site, you agree that ImportantScore.com shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for any of the products, services, information or other materials (collectively, "Information") provided, displayed, made available or otherwise obtained by you as a result of your use of the ImportantScore.com site including, without limitation, any loan recommendations or quotes, agent or broker referrals, applications, pre-qualifications, approvals or rejections, loan or interest rate analyses or any other results or proceeds from the use of this site or other sites linked to, or affiliated with, this site and you hereby irrevocably waive any claims against ImportantScore.com arising out of your use of this site or other sites linked to, or affiliated with, this site. Nothing on this site is or shall be construed as an offer, acceptance, promise or other representation by ImportantScore.com to make a specific loan or that any participating lender will make any loan for any particular purpose or on specific terms.
Under no circumstances shall ImportantScore.com be liable to you or anyone else for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions, or delays with respect to any Information (or the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof) provided, displayed, made available or otherwise obtained by you as a result of your use of the ImportantScore.com site or any other sites linked to, or affiliated with, the ImportantScore.com site or for claims, costs, losses or damages of any kind resulting or arising from the use of such Information and you hereby irrevocably waive any claims against ImportantScore.com arising out of your use of this site or other sites linked to, or affiliated with, this site. You are entirely responsible for independently verifying and approving the results, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, validity, enforceability and quality of any such Information and we do not guarantee, verify or make any representations or warranties with regard to the same.
THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS IMPORTANTSCORE.COM SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON OUR SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS ON OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT [INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE] OR OTHERWISE), SHALL IMPORTANTSCORE.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) RESULTING OR ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE IMPORTANTSCORE.COM SITE OR THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONS PROVIDED ON THE IMPORTANTSCORE.COM SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE.
By submitting your expression of interest, you are consenting to receive telephone calls and emails from us and/or our participating partners even if you are currently on the Do Not Call list. If you choose to opt-out click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEDERAL & STATE DO NOT CALL DISCLOSURE
We honor and respect the privacy of all consumers by insuring that an individual is not contacted if they are listed on the Federal or State Do Not Call list unless they complete our request form and ask to be contacted by our partners. The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. You can register your home or mobile phone for free. Your registration will be effective for five years. Please visit donotcall.gov for more information.
If you are interested in our services and complete a request, your information will be sent to our participating marketing partners. One or more of our marketing partners will contact you by telephone. By submitting your expression of interest, you are consenting to receive telephone calls from our participating lenders even if you are currently on the Do Not Call List.
Governing Law; Arbitration
THEREFORE, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN OR BRING CLASS ACTIONS. BY USING WWW.IMPORTANTSCORE.COM YOU CONSENT TO THESE RESTRICTIONS. You and ImportantScore.com shall select the arbitrator, and if you and ImportantScore.com are unable to reach agreement on selection of the arbitrator within thirty (30) days after the notice of arbitration is served, then the American Arbitration Association shall select the arbitrator. Arbitration shall not commence until the party requesting it has deposited One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) with the arbitrator for the arbitrator's fees and costs. The party requesting arbitration shall advance such sums as are required from time to time by the arbitrator to pay the arbitrator's fees and costs until the prevailing party is determined or the parties have agreed in writing to an alternate allocation of fees and costs. Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and ImportantScore.com and your and ImportantScore.com's respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or ImportantScore.com be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages and both you and ImportantScore.com hereby waive your and ImportantScore.com's respective rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.
Should a dispute arise and should the arbitration provisions herein become inapplicable or unenforceable, or in any instance of any lawsuit between you and ImportantScore.com, jurisdiction over and venue of any suit shall be exclusively in the state and federal courts sitting in Los Angeles County, California.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may call us at 310.297.9233 or write to us at:
1700 E. Walnut Avenue 2nd Floor
El Segundo, CA 90245